Opportunities to work with us
Thank you for your interest to work or volunteer with us.
Find out about vacancies for available positions, including permanent roles, and volunteering.
Apply for a role with us
To apply for current vacant positions, please read the details of the role and follow the application guidelines provided. If you would like to have an informal discussion about any of the roles advertised, please call our HR team on 020 3953 3114.
To register your interest with us for future opportunities, please send your CV to email@example.com
Our selection process is based on matching candidates to the requirements for the role It usually includes a face to face interview and may include a relevant practical exercise or test. Where a face to face interview isn’t possible, we interview via video.
Why work with us?
We are an innovative and award-winning organisation, led by and for women. You can become part of the Advance team, and join our life-saving and life-changing work, supporting women and children to cope and recover from suffering domestic abuse and those who are at risk of offending or with short term sentences, to rebuild their lives and keep families together.
We recruit people who are passionate about what we do and support them to ensure we are a team that is motivated and committed to learning and sharing.
We understand that people have different needs and aim to support our team so that they are able to manage work and home responsibilities effectively.
Our employees’ wellbeing is critical to our ability to operate across all functions and we recognise that all individuals have a life outside of work. Enabling our employees to balance work and their personal life in ways that benefit everyone is in line with our values and enables people to contribute to their best ability. We regard flexible working as important and we try to accommodate flexible working practices where possible and practical.
Benefits and Support
We understand that we all have different priorities at home and we therefore aim to offer a mix of financial and non-financial benefits, some of these benefits include:
- A contributory pension scheme
- 30 days annual leave and 1 additional day for International Women’s Day
- Up to five days paid leave to care for dependents
- Incremental sickness paid leave linked to length of service
- Training and development plans for each employee
- A 3-day formal induction for all staff
- Clinical supervision
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Occupational Health
- Buddy scheme
- Employee Health & Wellbeing
We aim to empower and respect our employees and recognise that their health and wellbeing are critical to our success. We support this in the following ways:
We offer clinical supervision for all front-line staff, ensuring that they are supported with the work that they do, helping women and children to deal with trauma. We also offer counselling sessions to staff that may need additional support.
We have an Employee Assistance Programme, including online resources and a 24 hour confidential telephone helpline. We have regular Away Days and evening events for the whole organisation to come together, celebrate successes, share learning and have fun together! We have an active Social Committee in place and organise regular social events during the year, including film nights and shared lunches.
We also have an Employee Engagement Group in place, made up of representatives from across Advance, to enhance communication between employees and the Senior Leadership Team.
Diversity, Inclusion and Equal Opportunities
We value diversity and believe the variety of ideas, perspectives and experiences it brings creates an effective environment in which talents can be fully utilised to achieve our goals.
We are committed to providing equality of opportunity and actively seek to recruit people from groups underrepresented in our current team. We have policies and processes in place to ensure that all employees are offered an equal opportunity in recruitment and selection, promotion, training, pay and benefits.
Why volunteer with us?
We value the work of passionate and committed volunteers (women aged 18+) who enable us to provide the life-saving and life-changing support that women and girls need. We welcome and value volunteers’ involvement and the contribution they make to Advance, through their skills, experience and energy.
Volunteering benefits you too, through meeting new people and learning new skills, as well as knowing that you have made a real difference to women and children, helping them to be safe and rebuild their lives.
We recruit volunteers for the following:
- Our Helplines for Domestic Abuse and Criminal Justice services
- As peer mentors at our London Women’s Centres in Hammersmith and Finsbury Park
- Office work supporting the teams in our offices in Hammersmith, London (including but not only fundraising, marketing, finance, data insights)
We offer you the following opportunities:
- To contribute to our work at Advance, helping us end violence and abuse against women and girls
- To develop skills and experience, including in areas such as fundraising and communications
- Training and support, and an opportunity for development
Volunteers receive travel expenses (London travel only).
We expect from our volunteers:
- A commitment to our values and approach. read more here
- A minimum commitment of at least three months (and at least 7 hours a week) for those in the office
- A minimum commitment of at least twelve months (and at least 4 hours a week) for those working on the helpline or as peer mentors
If you have any questions about volunteering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear from you.